hbase-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Pompermaier <pomperma...@okkam.it>
Subject Re: HBase cluster design
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2014 14:29:58 GMT
Yes I know I should update HBase, this is something I'm going to do really
soon. Bad me..
I just wanted to know if the fact of adding/updating rows in HBase while
running a mapred job could be problematic or not..
>From what you told me it's not, so the problem could be caused by the old
version of HBase or some other os configuration.
The update was performed via an application accessing HBase directly,
adding and updating rows of the table.
Once in a while some region servers goes down and marked as "bad state" by
Cloudera so I have to restart them.

The error I usually see is:

2012-11-23 12:41:00,468 WARN org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Session
0x13b2cf447fd0000 for server null, unexpected error, closing socket
connection and attempting reconnect
	at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.finishConnect(SocketChannelImpl.java:567)
	at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:286)
	at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1047

Best,
Flavio