hbase-user mailing list archives

From Scott Kuehn <scott.ku...@opower.com>
Subject Options for limiting bandwidth in ExportSnapshot
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2014 16:17:00 GMT
Any recommendations on how to limit the bandwidth consumption of an
ExportSnapshot job?  I'd like to control bandwidth consumption so important
network workloads, like shuffling and balancing, are reserved some
bandwidth while a lower-priority ExportSnapshot job is running.

Note that distcp jobs provide the ability to limit bandwidth by exposing
the num-mappers and bandwidth options. I'm looking to achieve something
similar with ExportSnapshot.

ExportSnapshot ref (bottom of page):
http://hbase.apache.org/book/ops.snapshots.html