hbase-user mailing list archives

From Tao Xiao <xiaotao.cs....@gmail.com>
Subject All regions stay on two nodes out of 18 nodes
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 11:40:06 GMT
I am using HDP 2.0.6, which has 18 nodes(region servers). One of my HBase
tables has 50 regions but I found that the 50 regions all stay in just two
nodes, not spread evenly in the 18 nodes. I did not pre-create splits so
this table was gradually split into 50 regions itself.

I'd like to know why all the regions stay in just two nodes, not the 18
nodes of the cluster, and how to spread the regions evenly across all the
region servers. Thanks.