hbase-user mailing list archives

From Artem Ervits <are9...@nyp.org>
Subject Re: Maven dependency for HBase 0.96
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2014 02:21:17 GMT
I usually look at imports and use native IDE auto suggest to search maven. For my examples
I end up having hbase-client version 0.96.1-hadoop2.

Artem Ervits
Data Analyst
New York Presbyterian Hospital

----- Original Message -----
From: rakesh rakshit [mailto:ihavethepotential@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2014 02:01 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org <user@hbase.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Maven dependency for HBase 0.96

Hi St. Ack,

I got your point now.

Thanks for mentioning that the module has been broken into multiple
modules. I will for sure try including those multiple modules.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakesh

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 11:07 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 6:36 AM, rakesh rakshit <
> ihavethepotential@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
> > Hi St. Ack,
> >
> > Thanks for your reply. Yes I wanted to pull everything related to HBase.
> We
> > used 0.94.5 before and the dependency looks as follows:
> >

> > <dependency>
> >   <groupId>org.apache.hbase</groupId>
> >   <artifactId>hbase</artifactId>
> >   <version>0.94.5</version>
> > </dependency>
> >
> > So, I expect that the HBase 0.96.0 dependency gets pulled exactly the
> same
> > way.
> >
> > Please let me know if we can do that or if there is an alternate way to
> do
> > it.
> >

> HBase was broken up into multiple maven modules in 0.96.  0.94 was made of
> one maven module only.  As I understand it, you have to pick and choose the
> modules you need; you can't do a blanket include (I could be wrong here; at
> least, it does not currently work as you have discovered).  See the pom I
> cited as an example of what is needed running a downstream application that
> needs to use the hbase minicluster.
>
> HTH,
> ST.Ack

contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error or are
mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank you.