hbase-user mailing list archives

From Henry Hung <YTHu...@winbond.com>
Subject RE: suggestion for how eliminate memory problem in heavy-write hbase region server
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 01:44:13 GMT
@Bryan,

Do I have to recompile the Hadoop-2.2.0 and hbase-0.96 using java 1.7 or just change the JAVA_HOME
and restart it?

I would probably use Oracle Java 1.7 u55 to test it.

Best regards,
Henry

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Beaudreault [mailto:bbeaudreault@hubspot.com]
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 8:45 AM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: suggestion for how eliminate memory problem in heavy-write hbase region server

Keep in mind the math for heap.  Memstore is 40%, and that is divided across all regions for
a RS.  With 2GB, that's under 30mb per region assuming well distributed writes.

Are your regionservers starved for CPU?  Either way, I'd try the java7 G1 GC on one regionserver
and report back.  We run with 25GB heaps and never have long pauses, so 16GB should be fine
with enough CPU.