hbase-user mailing list archives

From gortiz <gor...@pragsis.com>
Subject Re: Lease exception when I execute large scan with filters.
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 14:52:37 GMT
I was trying to check the behaviour of HBase. The cluster is a group of
old computers, one master, five slaves, each one with 2Gb, so, 12gb in
The table has a column family with 1000 columns and each column with 100
There's another column faimily with four columns an one image of 100kb.
(I've tried without this column family as well.)
The table is partitioned manually in all the slaves, so data are
balanced in the cluster.

I'm executing this sentence *scan 'table1', {FILTER => "ValueFilter(=,
'binary:5')"* in HBase 0.94.6
My time for lease and rpc is three minutes.
Since, it's a full scan of the table, I have been playing with the
BLOCKCACHE as well (just disable and enable, not about the size of it).
I thought that it was going to have too much calls to the GC. I'm not
sure about this point.

I know that it's not the best way to use HBase, it's just a test. I
think that it's not working because the hardware isn't enough, although,
I would like to try some kind of tunning to improve it.

On 10/04/14 14:21, Ted Yu wrote:
> Can you give us a bit more information:
> HBase release you're running
> What filters are used for the scan
> Thanks
> On Apr 10, 2014, at 2:36 AM, gortiz <gortiz@pragsis.com> wrote:
>> I got this error when I execute a full scan with filters about a table.
>> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.LeaseException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.LeaseException: lease '-4165751462641113359' does not
>>     at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.Leases.removeLease(Leases.java:231)
>>     at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.next(HRegionServer.java:2482)
>>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>>     at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.WritableRpcEngine$Server.call(WritableRpcEngine.java:320)
>>     at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer$Handler.run(HBaseServer.java:1428)
>> I have read about increase the lease time and rpc time, but it's not working.. what
else could I try?? The table isn't too big. I have been checking the logs from GC, HMaster
and some RegionServers and I didn't see anything weird. I tried as well to try with a couple
of caching values.

*Guillermo Ortiz*
/Big Data Developer/

Telf.: +34 917 680 490
Fax: +34 913 833 301
C/ Manuel Tovar, 49-53 - 28034 Madrid - Spain