hbase-user mailing list archives

From Shaosu Liu <Shaosu....@turn.com>
Subject RE: concurrent scan optimization
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2014 20:48:12 GMT
Exactly what happened. I had an error in the calculation. I was trying to make sure hbase can
saturate the hardware and that is the case I want.

So the performance is expected.

Thanks,
~Shaosu Liu

From: Vladimir Rodionov [vrodionov@carrieriq.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2014 1:38 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: RE: concurrent scan optimization

10k scanners fetching 200-500 keys of size 0.5-1kb each

This is somewhere between 1GB and 5GB of data and 2.5 - 12.5  seconds in theory - not 1-2
sec.
If your clients are off the rack than everything depends on your rack's upstream link capacity.

Best regards,
Vladimir Rodionov
Principal Platform Engineer
Carrier IQ, www.carrieriq.com