hbase-user mailing list archives

From "shubhendu.singh" <shubhendu.si...@bizosys.com>
Subject Releasing HSearch 1.0 - Search and Analytics Engine on hadoop/hbase
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2014 10:33:12 GMT
After our first release of *HSearch* (announced in this forum) back in
December 2010, we have been working at it incorporating customer feedback
from their production deployments.
Recently, we included the capability to store and analyze structured data in
addition to unstructured data.
With these changes, we are now releasing a new version naming it 1.0.

The software is available on github at
https://github.com/bizosys?tab=repositories
<https://github.com/bizosys?tab=repositories>

Some key features of HSearch
Fast query on large datasets – queries typically return in milliseconds on
terabytes of data.
Multiple data structures are used for storing the data depending on the
nature of data
LRU cache layer for frequently accessed data
5MB index cells to co-locate data by business entities and secondary rollup
indexes for fast filtering on large datasets

Check out HSearch at  hadoopsearch.net <http://hadoopsearch.net>   , do
download and try it out.
Let us know your feedback and questions at  hsearch@bizosys.com
<mailto://hsearch@bizosys.com>