hbase-user mailing list archives

From Parkirat <parkiratbigd...@gmail.com>
Subject Bulk Delete not deleting the data in storefile
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 12:47:42 GMT
Hi,

I have deleted around 5 Million Row's using the Bulk Delete Coprocessor from
a HBase Table consisting of 10 region's spread over 2 machines.

Now when, I count the row's in the table, it is showing lesser row's(few
thousand) and I am not able to get the row's as well which were deleted.
This part is working fine.

But, when I check the file sizes of all the regions, from HDFS, there seems
to be no impact in file size.
Even the regions, where all the rows were deleted, showing the sizes of 200
to 500 MB's.

I know that, deleting the row, dont delete the regions, but the region size
should have been reduced.

Even the Major Compaction has not reduced the size of the file.

How can, I reduce the size of the table?

Regards,
Parkirat Singh Bagga.