hbase-user mailing list archives

From yglin <yglin.mlan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase/Stargate dataflow in I/O perspective
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2014 08:25:11 GMT
Thank you, Andy.

Let me trying to put it together in my view.
So ...

1. If I keep using only Stargate as client, block-caching will never happen
2. Each time I send query to Stargate then to RegionServer, it loads store
files again, due to no cache.
3. Stargate does build a connection(tcp?) with RegionServer for each scan
operation (I didn't mensioned that I found numerous scan operations in
Stargate's log history, it bothers me much)

And to conclude it ...
Installing HBase on VMs is a bad idea, using Stargate is another one, right?

yglin