hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Bogala, Chandra Reddy" <Chandra.Bog...@gs.com>
Subject RE: endpoint coprocessor
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2014 01:20:06 GMT
Thanks Yu. My understanding is, this coprocessor is available as part of Hbase server components.
So I should be able to attach this coprocessor to any of my tables by using alter table command.

alter 'demo-table','COPROCESSOR' =>'<XXXX.jar>|class|priority|args'

Then from hbase shell, I should be able to call this coprocessor with command. Same like how
we do scan and filter. Is there any command like below(filter command) calling a coprocessor.
So that it will run in region server and return back results?.

scan 'demo-table', {FILTER => org.apache.hadoop.hbase.filter.RowFilter.new(CompareFilter::CompareOp.valueOf('EQUAL'),SubstringComparator.new("10001|1395309600"))}

I am trying to figure out a simple call mechanism(client) of coprocessor. If by default those
classes and calling mechanism not available from hbase shell. Then planning to use java client
code to invoke coprocessor.

Any pointers to java client to invoke aggregation<http://search-hadoop.com/c/HBase:hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/coprocessor/AggregateImplementation.java||Hbase+aggregation+endpoint>
coprocessor will be helpful.

Thanks,

Chandra