hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vijayakumar Ramdoss <nellaivi...@live.com>
Subject Re: API to view active, completed, and failed HBase queries
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2014 23:53:18 GMT

A newbie question , how can I look the RPC queue details
Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 7, 2014, at 11:27 AM, "Tapper, Gunnar" <gunnar.tapper@hp.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Jean-Marc,
>
> Yes, I already have the RPC information but I want to actually view and control queries
including being able to kill queries that are running too long or taking too many resources.

> A fail is usually a query that started (passed syntax check and authorization checks)
but couldn't complete for whatever reason. A queued query is a query that has to wait for
a resource before it's allowed to run.

> Thanks,
>
> Gunnar
>
> The person that says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.

active and completed requests. But I don't think there is anything about "failed".

> Also, failed might have multiple sense. A get with no results, is it a fail? A get against
an unknown table? Or it's only when the RPC did not reach the server? etc.