hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: Bunch of errros/exceptions in 2 node hbase cluster setup
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 11:51:21 GMT
Comments below. I will skip most of the warnings as they are only warnings
and due to your setup. Will also skip duplicate messages.

>From what I can see, there is nothing to be really worried about in what
you sent.

JMS

> Hi,
> I am configuring 2 node hbase cluster atop 2 node Hadoop cluster for
> production.
> I am getting below warning/error/info/fail/exceptions in
> master,region,zookeeper logs.

Since recommended minimum replication in hadoop is 3, you will not be able
to achieve this with only 2 nodes.

> Please help in debugging these.What each means ?
> Master logs
> 1)
> WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.RecoverableZooKeeper: Node /hbase
>
> /backup-masters/ip-10-14-24-19.ap-southeast-1.compute.internal,60000,1394103610599
> already deleted, and this is not a retry
>
> 2)
> ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.metrics.SchemaMetrics: Incons
> istent configuration. Previous configuration for using table name in
> metrics: true, new configuration: false

I have seen this one many times. I don't think it shoule be with ERROR log
level. More probably INFO or maybe WARN.

> 3)
>  WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.RecoverableZooKeeper: Node /hbase
> /root-region-server already deleted, and this is not a retry
>
> WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.RecoverableZooKeeper: Node /hbase
> /table92/-ROOT- already deleted, and this is not a retry
>
> WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.RecoverableZooKeeper: Node /hbase
> /table92/.META. already deleted, and this is not a retry
>
> Region Server logs
>
> 1)
> ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.metrics.SchemaMetrics:
> Inconsistent configuration. Previous configuration for using table name in
> metrics: true, new configuration: false
>
> Zookeeper logs
>
> 1)
> ERROR org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerConfig: Invalid co
> nfiguration, only one server specified (ignoring)

You have only one ZK server. That's most probably why youget this message.
To have a Quorum, you need to have 3 or 5 ZK servers.