hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: API to view active, completed, and failed HBase queries
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2014 17:56:56 GMT
If it's external applications, you will want to monitor the external
applications, not HBase. HBase will reply with few milliseconds, or will
timeout if there is any network/infra issue. If it timeout, it's the RPC
queue which will grow. I don't think it's really possible to see a request
"in progress" easily in HBase. Except if you capture thread dumps very
quickly.

If you have any external application running long jobs against HBase, they
you might want to monitor your external application to see what it's doing
and how to kill the related long running jobs if required.

JM