hbase-user mailing list archives

From Norbert Burger <norbert.bur...@gmail.com>
Subject regex filters and scanner caching
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 01:40:23 GMT
Hi folks -- we're currently on HBase from CDH 4.1.2 (0.92.1 + patches).

We recently ran into a consistently-reproducible scenario where applying a
RegexStringComparator within a RowFilter returned different and incomplete
results depending on the value of hbase.client.scanner.caching.

This sounds a bit like what Ted was referring to in
http://search-hadoop.com/m/I0Svh17T90F, but I'm unable to find the relevant
JIRA.

Admittedly, 4.1.2 is a bit dated now, but my sense was that this was an old
bug fixed some time ago.  Has anyone else run into this and/or could
provide more info?

Thanks,
Norbert