hbase-user mailing list archives

From Demai Ni <nid...@gmail.com>
Subject turn off size-based Major Compaction?
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 18:28:45 GMT
hi, folks,

Is there a way to turn off Major Compaction, for sure?

We are using 96.0, and set hbase.hregion.majorcompaction is 0. The
intention was to only run major compaction manually. It turns out after
heavy load, major compaction still occur as shown in WebUI.

After a bit search, I read this discussion:
http://apache-hbase.679495.n3.nabble.com/Major-Compaction-Concerns-td3642142.html,
which indicated that there are three way to trigger major compaction:
1) user issued, (that is manually, such in hbase shell)
2)  timed, (that is hbase.hregion.majorcompaction)
3) size-based.

Is there a way to prevent or configure the 3) method? I found
hbase.hstore.compaction.max,
but it is for minor compaction.

So the question is: what configuration for the *size-based* on
*Major*compaction?

Many thanks

Demai