hbase-user mailing list archives

From Manthosh Kumar T <manth...@gmail.com>
Subject Select multiple rows from a hbase table
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2014 13:12:19 GMT
I have two tables in HBase, say *table1* and *index_table*. Each row in
*table1* has around 5 columns. I need to get records based on the value of
any of these columns. So I created a secondary index table, *index_table* where
the row key will be *columnName+value* and column values will be the row
keys of *table1* which has that particular *value* for that particular
*columnName*. So, I'll be able to get the row keys of records with a
particular column value.

Now what is the most efficient way to get specific rows from *table1*?

Is it efficient to create a *RowFilter* for each row key and use them with
a *FilterList*?

FYI: I'll get the row keys in sorted order since I'm saving them as Column
Qualifier in *index_table*.

Manthosh Kumar. T