hbase-user mailing list archives

From divye sheth <divs.sh...@gmail.com>
Subject Hbase Balancer
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2014 08:32:21 GMT

What are the factors that help balancer decide which region is to be moved
when the HBASE balancer starts? I am using 0.94.2 version and aware of how
the balancer functions on a table basis, but I cant find an answer to how
does the balancer decide which region needs to be offlined and moved. Is it
random, or it creates a list of regions sorted by the number of requests
being handled by them and then move elements from the top and the bottom of

Divye Sheth