hbase-user mailing list archives

From divye sheth <divs.sh...@gmail.com>
Subject DFS Balancer with Hbase
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2014 13:09:38 GMT
Hi,

We are seeing that our cluster has become imbalanced and we've noticed that
there are some servers with disk utilization of ~90% and the others are at
~40%.

We would like to run the DFS balancer but after some initial search I came
across suggestions to not run DFS balancer on HBase cluster. Could anyone
explain why we should not run DFS balancer on a Hbase Cluster? And if we
cannot is there a way we can balance the cluster?

Hbase Version: 0.94.2
Hadoop Version: 0.20.2 + append patch r1056497

P.S: We are planing to upgrade, but till that time please do help me with a
way to balance the cluster.

Thanks
Divye Sheth