hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bharath Vissapragada <bhara...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: hbase replication for higher availability
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2014 21:50:39 GMT
Hey,

You might be interested in the "shadow replica" discussion in the dev list.
The aim is to lower the mttr incase of a failure. Here is the link to the
discussion[1] and the jira[2]. These are very much relevant to what you are
looking for.

[1]
http://apache-hbase.679495.n3.nabble.com/Shadow-Regions-Read-Replicas-td4053313.html
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-10070