hbase-user mailing list archives

From David Koch <ogd...@googlemail.com>
Subject Effect of region size on compaction performance
Date Sun, 23 Mar 2014 01:58:29 GMT
Hello,

We run M/Rs over several HBase tables at the same time and chose to reduce
region sizes in order to make map tasks faster and improve map-slot
turnaround between the concurrent jobs. However, I am worried many regions
will cause longer overall compactions of the HBase data. Is this the case?

I am thinking about extending TableInputFormat to override the
1-map-per-region default policy as an alternative.

Regards,

/David