hbase-user mailing list archives

From David Koch <ogd...@googlemail.com>
Subject Distributed log splitting failing after cluster outage.
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 19:13:34 GMT
Hello,

Our HBase cluster had an unexpected shut-down and while trying to bring it
back up we the Master gets stuck with the following message:

Failed splitting of [ list of <host_name>,<port>,<tmst> ]
java.io.IOException: error or interrupted while splitting logs in [ list of
<host_name>,<port>,<tmst> ]
Task = installed = 10 done = 0 error = 10
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.SplitLogManager.splitLogDistributed(SplitLogManager.java:282)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.MasterFileSystem.splitLog(MasterFileSystem.java:300)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.MasterFileSystem.splitLogAfterStartup(MasterFileSystem.java:242)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.splitLogAfterStartup(HMaster.java:661)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.finishInitialization(HMaster.java:580)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.run(HMaster.java:396)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)

What can I do to get the cluster operational again. There was no data
ingestion going on since quite some hours before the crash so maybe
clearing out /hbase/.logs/ could be an option.

Thanks,

/David