hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vimal Jain <vkj...@gmail.com>
Subject Internals of Hbase
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2014 07:18:55 GMT
I have been learning hbase for quite some time now.
I have used following sources for learning hbase.
1) Hbase : The definitive guide
2) Hbase in Action
3) Hbase the official guide.

In my belief , these provides good introductions to hbase but refrain from
going in deep.
My question is how to understand internals of hbase like
1) What exactly happens when cluster is started/stopped.
2) How Hbase uses zookeeper to manage coordination.
3) How initial read/write request is handled when table is empty
4) and more such questions ..

So is going though source code is the only option ?
If yes , then any guideline to go though such a big project ?

Thanks and Regards,
Vimal Jain