hbase-user mailing list archives

From Gary Helmling <ghelml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.SecureRpcEngine class not found in HBase jar
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2014 18:40:27 GMT
For HBase 0.94, you need a version of HBase built with the "security"
profile to get SecureRpcEngine and other security classes.  I'm not sure
that the published releases on maven central actually include this.

However, it's easily to build yourself, just add "-Psecurity" to the mvn
command line to get the security profile.

For HBase 0.96+ this is no longer necessary, as the security classes are
now part of the main build.