hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HBaseCon2014, is it worth to be there?
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2014 17:06:21 GMT
On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 4:27 AM, R W <aijwjia@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks
>
> We are a small internet company, we have been using HBase for several
> projects in the last two years, i noticed HBaseCon2014 is going to be held
> in May, so i want to know is it worth to be SF to join it? What is the
> target audience? HBase beginner? I moved to Beijing China recently, so it
> will take a long flight to be there.. Any ideas? Thanks.

That is a long way to come.

HBaseCon has gotten good reviews in years past for being 'techy', for being
a developer audience (not beginners though this year if you come early
there is a 'for beginners' session), and for being all open-source and
commercial free.   This year will be no different (the agenda seems even
better than last year's http://hbasecon.com/sessions/).  If it is of any
help, a few of your fellow countrymen will be presenting (smile).  If you
do come, stick around for the day after when there should be a few
associated events (an hbase hackathon, a kiji hackathon, etc).

Go easy,
St.Ack