hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HBase on top of Google Cloud Storage
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 17:46:24 GMT
According to
https://developers.google.com/hadoop/google-cloud-storage-connector:

"FileSystem.append is unsupported. If you choose Google Cloud Storage as
your default file
system<https://developers.google.com/hadoop/setting-up-a-hadoop-cluster#choosingafilesystem>,
you might need to update your MapReduce to avoid using the append method."

So, the answer is: append support in GFS, at a minimum, therefore unlikely
to happen.

But this is a naive answer :-) since I'm not familiar with the Google
cloud.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy