hbase-user mailing list archives

From Linlin Du <linlindu2...@hotmail.com>
Subject About region management
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2014 22:25:09 GMT
Hi all,

Our usage of hbase is pretty dummy and in many cases, time stamp is used as the prefix
of the keys. And it is too late to get that fixed now.
As more data comes in, more new regions will be sprawn from the existing regions. And after
the retention period expires, many regions are literally empty. It is desirable to have these
empty region deleted. So my question is how to find out when a region was last modified/read.
And is there any easy way to merge those regions when they are empty?

Thanks.

Linlin