hbase-user mailing list archives

From Brian Jeltema <brian.jelt...@digitalenvoy.net>
Subject Re: ExportSnapshot using webhdfs
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 16:27:47 GMT
Exporting across versions was why I tried webhdfs. I have a cluster running HBase 0.94 and
wanted to export a
table to a different cluster running HBase 0.96. I got the export to work, but attempting
do a restore_snapshot results in:

    TableInfoMissingException: No table descriptor file

so I assume snapshot are not compatible between versions. Is there any way to copy the
table from the old cluster to the new one?

Brian