hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How much time HBase will take if one Region Server down.
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 06:20:10 GMT
Depends. If a machine fails hard and HDFS 2.x is setup correctly I'd expect this to be the
ZK timeout (180s by default in 0.94, but can be lowered) + a few minutes to rejigger things.

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: Demai Ni <nidmgg@gmail.com>
To: "user@hbase.apache.org" <user@hbase.apache.org>; lars hofhansl <larsh@apache.org>

Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 9:16 AM
Subject: Re: How much time HBase will take if one Region Server down.

Lars,

I didn't get the 15~20 min from the article. I played a bit with my clusters on 94 early last
year, and got a ball-park number. Well, my cluster was using all the default hbase configuration
at that time, so it definitely wasn't well tuned.  So for HBase 94, what's a reasonable MTTR
# from your experience? Thanks

Demai

Many of the improvement were made in HDFS, so benefit 0.94 equally.