hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>
Subject Re: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.SecureRpcEngine class not found in HBase jar
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2014 00:33:59 GMT
Might be better to push the secure build to maven. No disadvantage in doing so. Not sure if
there's any maven blackmagic missing/needed.

-- Lars

 From: anil gupta <anilgupta84@gmail.com>
To: "user@hbase.apache.org" <user@hbase.apache.org>
Cc: James Taylor <giacomotaylor@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 4, 2014 10:48 AM
Subject: Re: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.SecureRpcEngine class not found in HBase jar

Thanks for the reply.

Since the HBase security jar is not published in Maven repo. I am running
into Problem with enhancing the jdbc connection of Phoenix(
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-19) to support connecting to
a secure HBase cluster.
Is there any particular reason due to which we don't publish security jar
of HBase?

I have been using cdh4.5 and that has hbase security. For phoenix, i don't
think i can reference Cloudera stuff. If we cannot publish the security jar
in Maven repo then Phoenix might have to build hbase with the flag that
Gary mentioned.

Anil Gupta

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 10:40 AM, Gary Helmling <ghelmling@gmail.com> wrote:

> For HBase 0.94, you need a version of HBase built with the "security"
> profile to get SecureRpcEngine and other security classes.  I'm not sure
> that the published releases on maven central actually include this.
> However, it's easily to build yourself, just add "-Psecurity" to the mvn
> command line to get the security profile.
> For HBase 0.96+ this is no longer necessary, as the security classes are
> now part of the main build.
> On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 10:02 AM, anil gupta <anilgupta84@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > If i create a maven project with the following maven dependency then the
> > HBase jar doesn't have org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.SecureRpcEngine class.
> >  <dependency>
> >     <groupId>org.apache.hbase</groupId>
> >     <artifactId>hbase</artifactId>
> >     <version>0.94.12</version>
> > </dependency>
> >
> > SecureRPCEngine class is used when the cluster is secured. Is there any
> > other maven dependency i need to use to get that class?
> >
> > --
> > Thanks & Regards,
> > Anil Gupta

Thanks & Regards,