hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: MAX_FILE_SIZE not respected for table
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 23:17:37 GMT
Hi David,

If I'm correct, that will take action only when something will be written
in the region. If you are only reading from the region, even if it's 500mb,
and even if you have setup the max size to 64MB, there will be no split.

If you do a compaction of the region it will split.

If you want to all spit small, just to a major_compact using HBase shell.

JM