hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ramon Wang <ra...@appannie.com>
Subject Re: When should we trigger a major compaction?
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2014 14:26:33 GMT
Guys, I'm clear about what compaction is doing there, i just want to know
are there any indicators or indexes can help us to decide whether to start
a major compaction manually?

As there will be a single StoreFile per Store after a major compaction, so
the num of StoreFile maybe a indexes, but i'm not sure about this.

Thanks
Ramon