hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vikram Singh Chandel <vikramsinghchan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to get Last access time of a record
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2014 19:38:34 GMT
Hi Vladimir,

We are going to implement cache in HBase, let me give you a example

We have two tables
Table1: 80 m records say Author
Table2 : 5k records say Category
query : Get details of all publications by Author XYZ broken down by
Category

We fire a get on Table 1 to get a list of publications ids(hashed)
Then we do a scan on  Table 2 to get list of publications for each category
and then we do Intersection
of both list and in the end get the details from publication table.

Now suppose same query comes again instead of doing all this computation
again we are going to save the intersected results
in a table we are calling L2 Cache (there's a L1 also)

Hope you would have got idea of what we are trying to achieve.
Now if you can help please

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 12:20 AM, Vladimir Rodionov <vrodionov@carrieriq.com