hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hbase region server region split policy
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 17:18:55 GMT
The prefix length is determined by "KeyPrefixRegionSplitPolicy.prefix_length"
attribute of table descriptor

You can change the table-scope by setting attribute CONFIG like this:
  hbase> alter 'test', METHOD=>'table_att', CONFIG =>
{'KeyPrefixRegionSplitPolicy.prefix_length' => '5'}

See more examples in shell/commands/alter.rb

Cheers