hbase-user mailing list archives

From suresh babu <bigdatac...@gmail.com>
Subject Regarding Hardware configuration for HBase cluster
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2014 13:22:22 GMT
Hi folks,

We are trying to setup HBase cluster for the following requirement:

We have to maintain data of size around 800TB,

For the above requirement,please suggest me the best hardware configuration
details like

1)how many disks to consider for machine and the  capacity of disks ,for
example, 16/24 disks per node with 1/2TB capacity per each disk

2) which compression method is suited for production environment , space is
not a major limitation , but speed is of prime concern for my use case

3) how many CPU Cores should be configured for each node/machine ?  Or
ideal ratio of number of cores to the number of disks,for example
1core/1disk ?

Regards,
Kaushik