hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dhanasekaran Anbalagan <bugcy...@gmail.com>
Subject How to monitor Hbase thrift service
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2014 20:14:48 GMT
Hi Guys,

How to monitor Hbase-Thrift service. I already tried JMX metrics for thrift
serivce.
it's exposed very limited metrics. I using hbase-0.94.6-cdh4.4.0,

<mbean name="hadoop.thrift"
objectname="hadoop:service=thrift,name=Thrift"><attrib name="QueueSize"
alias="2QueueSize" type="gauge"/><attrib name="PoolCompletedTaskCount"
alias="2PoolCompletTaskCnt" type="gauge"/><attrib name="PoolTaskCount"
alias="2PoolTaskCnt" type="gauge"/><attrib name="PoolLargestPoolSize"
alias="2PoolLargesPoolSize" type="gauge"/><attrib name="FailedIncrements"
alias="2FailedIncrements" type="gauge"/><attrib
name="SuccessfulCoalescings" alias="2SuccessfuCoalescin"
type="gauge"/><attrib name="TotalIncrements" alias="2TotalIncrements"
type="gauge"/><attrib name="CountersMapSize" alias="2CountersMapSize"
type="gauge"/></mbean>

http://paste.ubuntu.com/6978098/

I want to know. How many request coming via thrift service. In our case all
our application connecting and getting data via. thrift interface.

when application give more request thrift service will dead. I also
verified I don't see any OOM Error.

Please guide me. Any better way monitor and tuning hbase-thrift service.

-Dhanasekaran.