hbase-user mailing list archives

From Matteo Bertozzi <theo.berto...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to Read hbase server side properties
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2014 18:00:47 GMT
HBaseConfiguration.create() loads the configuration from the hbase-site.xml
in the classpath.
If you have multiple hbase-site.xml you should put the one that you want to
use in the classpath.

The client hbase-site.xml doesn't need all the properties of the Master or
the Region Servers.
HBaseAdmin and all the other hbase classes are using
HBaseConfiguration.create() so there is no difference.
You must have the hbase-site.xml that you want to use in the classpath.

If you want to know the configuration that each server is running, you can
fetch it from the web-ui.