hbase-user mailing list archives

From Kristoffer Sjögren <sto...@gmail.com>
Subject Standard vs Asynchbase client reconnect after HBase restart
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2014 08:41:50 GMT
Hi

I have some tests that check client behaviour during a controlled HBase
restart. Everything works as expected and the client is able to recover
after a while.

However, after doing the same tests with the Asynchbase I noticed that this
client recovers almost instantly after HBase comes back up - whereas the
standard HConnection recovers much later (around 30 seconds).

I played around with two properties without much time to recovery reduction.

fail.fast.expired.active.master=true
zookeeper.session.timeout=5000

Any tips on how to improve time to recovery?

Cheers,
-Kristoffer