hbase-user mailing list archives

From Samir Ahmic <ahmic.sa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Copying data from one Hbase cluster to Another Hbase cluster
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2014 12:14:50 GMT
Well that depends on size of your dataset. You can use hadoop -copyToLocal
to copy  /hbase directory to local disk or some other storage device that
is mounted on your original cluster. Then you can copy /hbase dir to second
cluster with hadoop -copyFromLocal . Of course this will require that
source and destionation hbase cluster are offline. I have never used this
approach but it should work.

Regards