hbase-user mailing list archives

From Samir Ahmic <ahmic.sa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Copying data from one Hbase cluster to Another Hbase cluster
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2014 09:11:17 GMT
Hi Vimal,

I have few options how to move data from one hbase cluster to another:

   1. You can use org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.Export tool to export
   tables to HDFS and then you can use hadoop distcp to move data to another
   cluster. When data is place on second cluster you can use
   org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.Import tool to import tables. Please
    look at http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#export.
   2. Second option is to us CopyTable tool, please look at:
   http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#copytable
   3. Third option is to enable hbase Snapshots,  create table snapshots,
   and then use ExportSnapshot tool to move them to second cluster. When
   snapshots are on second cluster you can clone tables from snapshots. Please
   look: http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#ops.snapshots

I was using 1 and 3 for moving data between clusters and i in my case 3 was
better solution.

Regards
Samir