hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Standard vs Asynchbase client reconnect after HBase restart
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 00:11:53 GMT
Silly question...
What makes you think that what you are seeing isn't already as fast as possible?

You are looking at an async client versus a synchronous client, right?

Also... what do you mean when you say 'client recovers' ...
How are you measuring that the client has recovered?

Thx

-Mike

On Feb 12, 2014, at 2:41 AM, Kristoffer Sjögren <stoffe@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have some tests that check client behaviour during a controlled HBase
> restart. Everything works as expected and the client is able to recover
> after a while.
>
> However, after doing the same tests with the Asynchbase I noticed that this
> client recovers almost instantly after HBase comes back up - whereas the
> standard HConnection recovers much later (around 30 seconds).
>
> I played around with two properties without much time to recovery reduction.
>
> fail.fast.expired.active.master=true
> zookeeper.session.timeout=5000
>
> Any tips on how to improve time to recovery?
>
> Cheers,
> -Kristoffer

purely accidental.
Use at your own risk.