hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mohamed Ghareb <m.ghar...@tedata.net>
Subject RE: hbase region server region split policy
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 17:43:56 GMT
It return error
ameError: uninitialized constant CONFIG
hbase(main):079:0* alter 'testsplit1', METHOD => 'table_att', CONFIG => {'KeyPrefixRegionSplitPolicy.prefix_length'
=> '5'}

then I run it with
alter 'testsplit1', METHOD => 'table_att', CONFIGURATION => {'KeyPrefixRegionSplitPolicy.prefix_length'
=> '5'}

with the error
NameError: uninitialized constant CONFIGURATION

I ran hbase version 0.94.6-cdh4.5.0,

The prefix length is determined by "KeyPrefixRegionSplitPolicy.prefix_length"
attribute of table descriptor

You can change the table-scope by setting attribute CONFIG like this:
  hbase> alter 'test', METHOD=>'table_att', CONFIG => {'KeyPrefixRegionSplitPolicy.prefix_length'
=> '5'}

See more examples in shell/commands/alter.rb

Cheers