hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ron Sher <rons...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase shell - deletall doesnt remove records
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 07:19:26 GMT
I work with Yaniv and we now have a better understanding of the issue.
It happens when you specifically set a timestamp that is a large long value.
For example 635265926417915010

If you then try to delete the whole line, without specifying the timestamp,
thinking that it will delete the whole line it simply doesn't work. You get
no errors, but when you later try to get that line - you get it back.

There is a constant repro:
Lets say we have a table called t1 with some CF content

put 't1', 'blah', 'content:document', '{}', 635265926417915010
get 't1', 'blah'
deleteall 't1', 'blah'
get 't1', 'blah'