hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ramon Wang <ra...@appannie.com>
Subject How to shrink HBase region size?
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 06:57:47 GMT
Hi All

I'm wondering is there a simple way we can decrease the number of regions
for a table? We are using HBase 0.94.6-cdh4.4.0, one of our table has more
than 100 regions, following is some information of the table:

SPLIT_POLICY =>
'org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.ConstantSizeRegionSplitPolicy',
MAX_FILESIZE => '21474836480',

I hope i could increase MAX_FILESIZE to some bigger value before, but we
already have data in that table, so any ideas? Thanks.

Cheers
Ramon