hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Beaudreault <bbeaudrea...@hubspot.com>
Subject Re: Hbase tuning for heavy write cluster
Date Sat, 25 Jan 2014 02:51:07 GMT
Also, I think you can up the hbase.hstore.blockingStoreFiles quite a bit
higher.  You could try something like 50.  It will reduce read performance
a bit, but shouldn't be too bad especially for something like opentsdb I
think.  If you are going to up the blockingStoreFiles you're probably also
going to want to up hbase.hstore.compaction.max.

For my tsdb cluster, which is 8 i2.4xlarges in EC2, we have 90 regions for
tsdb.  We were also having issues with blocking, and I upped
blockingStoreFiles to 35, compaction.max to 15, and
memstore.block.multiplier to 3.  We haven't had problems since.  Memstore
flushsize for the tsdb table is 512MB.

Finally, 64GB heap may prove problematic, but it's worth a shot.  I'd
definitely recommend java7 with the G1 garbage collector though.  In
general, Java would have a hard time with heap sizes greater than 20-25GB
without some careful tuning.

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 9:44 PM, Bryan Beaudreault <bbeaudreault@hubspot.com