hbase-user mailing list archives

From Roman Nikitchenko <ro...@nikitchenko.dp.ua>
Subject Re: testing co-processors
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 12:24:11 GMT
My approach (with maven) is the following:
1. Co-processors package is built as separate artifact and they are tested
in context of another module as part of integration testing.
2. Module is built with co-processor package placed with dependency plugin.
It's location is passed to test through system property and failsafe plugin.
3. Test setups HBase mini-cluster. Here is good article:
http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2013/09/how-to-test-hbase-applications-using-popular-tools/
4. Of course I need to place co-processors to HDFS first and then create
tables that use them as region observer.
5. For master co-processor check appropriate tests in HBase itself. They
extend root co-processor to test it. I have implemented the same approach.

Good luck to you!
Roman.