hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase client connection in application server
Date Sun, 19 Jan 2014 16:38:14 GMT
For the batchpool :

          if (batchPool == null) {
            int maxThreads = conf.getInt("hbase.hconnection.threads.max",
Integer.MAX_VALUE);
            if (maxThreads == 0) {
              maxThreads = Runtime.getRuntime().availableProcessors();
            }

If you don't set "hbase.hconnection.threads.max" to 0, maxThreads would
take Integer.MAX_VALUE.

Roughly how many simultaneous HBase client requests are you expecting ?

bq. how about regions cache, if new regions are created, do I need to
create a new HConnection ?

Not needed.

bq. it might be a good idea to add a detailed explanation about HBase
client management

I agree.

Cheers