hbase-user mailing list archives

From daidong <daidon...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase MapReduce problem
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2014 16:40:09 GMT
Dear all,

  I have a simple HBase MapReduce application and try to run it on a
12-node cluster using this command:

HADOOP_CLASSPATH=`bin/hbase classpath` ~/hadoop-1.1.2/bin/hadoop jar
xxxx.jar org.test.WordCount

HBase version is 0.95.0. But i got this error:

java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.NoServerForRegionException: Unable to find
region for wordcount,,99999999999999 after 10 tries.

after a long waiting from this output: 14/01/24 10:12:51 INFO
mapred.JobClient: map 0% reduce 0%

It seems like RegionServer problem, however, i have tried all the ways
to make sure the HBase cluster is running well: i can access all
region servers through web ui, i can see the table 'wordcount' there,
i run 'hbase hbck' and it returns all 'ok'. I even try a simple HBase
program without MapReduce, it works well too.

So, Could anybody tell me why this happens? how to fix it? Is it
relevant to my Hadoop configuration? Thanks!

- Dong Dai