hbase-user mailing list archives

From Lars George <lars.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase Thrift2 does not support createTable() API anymore?
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2014 18:40:10 GMT
Hi Tian-Ying,

I have taken over (I asked for it) the Thrift2 committer responsibilities,
though am often out on customer business and am therefore rather slow. We
are working on all issues related Thrift2 for now in JIRA-8818 (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-8818). One of the subtasks is
exactly that, adding the admin interface.

If you could spare time, I would love helping out with adding any
contributions you could make to the efforts.

Cheers,
Lars

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 7:27 PM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:

> The site was up when I made the last reply.
> I have contacted the owner of the site for notification of site downtime.
>
> Meanwhile, you can search for 'Thrift 2
> Update<
> http://search-hadoop.com/m/O9OjiuXFJQ1/hbase+thrift2+lars&subj=Thrift+2+Update
> >'
> using other sites.
>
> Cheers
>

> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 10:16 AM, Tianying Chang <tychang@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Ted, thanks for the link. It seems the site is down? I cannot access it.
> > Can you still access it? If so, can you copy/paste it?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Tian-Ying
> >

> > On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 9:37 AM, Ted Yu <yuzhihong@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Tianying:
> > >
> > > This thread is more up-to-date compared to the one you mentioned:
> > >

> http://search-hadoop.com/m/O9OjiuXFJQ1/hbase+thrift2+lars&subj=Thrift+2+Update
> > >
> > > Cheers

> > not
> Thrift2
> > > Thrift,
> > > >

> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hbase-dev/201212.mbox/%3CCAE9meBbH7V1PhSbeGtEpbXg1h5drbS+YdVyO0aKDR1d4JCE65Q@mail.gmail.com%3E

> HBaseAdmin
> > > into

> using
> > > have
> > > HBase

> > am
> we
> > > add
> > > about
> > same.

> tychang@gmail.com>

> not

But it
> > seems
> are
> > native

> > > tychang@gmail.com>

> > > Thrift2
> in

> yuzhihong@gmail.com>

> hbase-thrift/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/thrift2/TestThriftHBaseServiceHandler.java

Chang <

by Thrift are not in
> > the
> > and