hbase-user mailing list archives

From Tianying Chang <tych...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase Thrift2 does not support createTable() API anymore?
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2014 17:30:58 GMT
Hi, Ram

I find this post by Tim Sell, He said the HBaseAdmin is intentionally not
implemented. In that thread, Jimmy Xiang recommend to deprecate Thrift2
instead of Thrift. But I assume the current status is to deprecate Thrift,
instead of Thrift2, right?
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hbase-dev/201212.mbox/%3CCAE9meBbH7V1PhSbeGtEpbXg1h5drbS+YdVyO0aKDR1d4JCE65Q@mail.gmail.com%3E

But on the other hand, there is already Jira for adding the HBaseAdmin into
Thrift2 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-8820

Thanks
Tian-Ying

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 9:18 PM, Tianying Chang <tychang@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ram, thanks for your confirmation! Probably very few people are using
> Thrift2? Is that Thrift2 not being supported at production level? I have
> seen people using finagle thrift server more often than the native HBase
> Thrift server.
>
> Thanks
> Tian-Ying
>

> On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 7:53 PM, ramkrishna vasudevan <
>
>> Hi
>> I too have seen that in thrift2 the admin APIs are not supported. I am not
>> very clear on the reason why it got removed.  Would  be better if we add
>> it, but if there was a reason for not doing it its better we know about
>> it.
>> If not +1 on adding that support. We can file a JIRA too for the same.
>>
>> Regards
>> Ram
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 7:26 AM, Tianying Chang <tychang@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi, Thanks Ted for the link.
>> >
>> > HappyBase!  Does this mean that the native HBase Thrift2 does not
>> support
>> > those API like createTable anymore?
>> >
>> > I felt it is more reliable to use native HBase Thrift2? But it seems
>> > support to HBase thrift is very limited? Most jira on Thrift2 are
>> > unresolved? So Is it recommended to use HappyBase instead of native
>> HBase
>> > Thrift2?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Tian-Ying

>> > server.

>> hbase-thrift/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/thrift2/TestThriftHBaseServiceHandler.java

>> tychang@gmail.com>

>> > Thrift2
>> on?
How